FAT LOSS 101 FOR MEN (Chest Fat, Belly, Love Handles!)

Get ripped in 90 days – http://athleanx.com/x/my-workouts
Subscribe to this channel here – http://bit.ly/2b0coMW

Fat loss from the three most stubborn zones for men can be quite difficult, unless you have a plan. In this video, I share with you a three phase plan for losing fat in the abdomen, love handles or waistline area, and the chest. These spots are where most men carry their fat and are the last to lose it when dieting or trying to cut down. The reason for this is actually based on our genetics, but it doesn’t mean that we cannot do something about it.

Before we get started however, here is a list of the videos that I referenced in the video for you to watch:

How to Stretch Your Chest – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SV7l1sfEmO0
The 7 Minute Ab Workout – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jyhJ6TiUPA
Lose the Love Handles – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWjf2io_b6E

The first thing you have to realize is that all three of these areas share the common problem in that they look bad mostly because of the abundance of body fat. You may even have developed muscles underneath, but as long as the fat is present you will never get a chance to see what it looks like. This means that your priority has to be on cleaning up your nutrition. If you refuse to eat better, no matter what else you do, you will never look better.

Early on however, you don’t have to get too specific with your eating. Simply make a pass through your diet and get rid of the obvious garbage that you know is not helping your cause. Sweets, excessive alcohol, sugars, etc can all be removed and replaced with more nutritious foods. You don’t have to necessarily worry about your macros at this point but just getting rid of the junk food and liquid calories.

Realizing that it will take some time to see the results of these changes however, you should start chipping away at the trouble spots in another way. For the abdomen, you want to first ensure that you can properly activate the muscles in the rectus and transverse abdominis. Most find this difficult and even when they do perform ab exercises they get frustrated at not being able to feel them. Next, you want to start adding in ab training but mostly in the form of rotational ab exercises. Instead of trying to do crunches and having the fat get in the way of the movement, you can work your abs without having to crunch. Finally, you want to incorporate moves for your entire core, such as with the 7 minute ab workout included above.

When it comes to the love handles, you want to start by working the lats. Here especially, you want to focus on full contractions and range of motion to ensure proper development of the muscles that actually insert onto the top of the pelvis near your waistline. The more you can build these muscles the greater the visual differential between your waist and your shoulders and the better the v taper. Next add in direct ab work and finish up with direct oblique training for the best look as your diet gets dialed in.

Finally, for the chest you want to stretch it and strengthen the muscles of the rotator cuff to posturally improve the visual appearance of your chest. From here, work the serratus anterior. This will give your chest more natural underlying support will helping to visually chisel out the area underneath. Finally, you want to make sure that as your body fat levels decrease and fat loss continues that you are working your chest in all three heads. Use the angles of the band work as an example of how to hit the upper, lower and middle chest.

For a complete program that helps men to lose fat day by day in a step by step way, be sure to head to http://athleanx.com and get the ATHLEAN-X Training System. Start training like an athlete and watch how much more easily your body will get rid of fat and allow you to build lean muscle.

For more videos on fat loss for men and how to get rid of chest fat or love handles, be sure to subscribe to our channel here on youtube at http://youtube.com/user/jdcav24

1. ATHLEAN-X™ says:

Want to win an ATHLEAN-X program for free, no strings attached? Click the link below to find out how!

2. Big Ice says:

I have and gain more fat on my legs, i have what you call "women's thighs", and a big round bum. I also have a belly, but nothing that gets too much in the way. Wished he would have said something about that. Guess normal cardio for me then!

3. Kingquis 84 says:

Search for core workout for overweight men 40 vids on women this is why you are the best Jeff

4. Can anyone recommend where to find a good nutrition plan for losing belly fat?

5. Hey
    I wish you could add home exercises…I mean those that don't need the gym.

6. GREAT VIDEO AS USUAL!!!!!!! I HAVE A QUESTION AND I HOPE YOU CAN HELP!!!!!!!!!!! MY WORK SCHEDULE IS VERY UNPREDICTABLE SO IT'S HARD TO GET TO THE GYM HOWEVER I DO WORK OUT AT HOME EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY QUESTION IS, IS IT POSSIBLE TO EFFECTIVELY WORK ALL THREE HEADS OF THE TRICEPS WITHOUT THE USE OF CABLES!!!!!!!!!!! MY TRICEPS INNER HEAD OR THE SECTION CLOSEST TO MY BODY ARE FAR MORE DEVELOPED THAN THE OUTER!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HOLLA BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

7. Miles Away says:

Pretty misleading title Image

8. I actually managed to lose 12 pounds in just 2 months but it had no diet involved. I enjoyed and ate anything I wanted but every single thing I ate was in moderation. When I say moderation, I mean that there were times where the food I was having was so good to the point where it was hard to stop eating. That alone was a constant battle. I’m starting to think that if I lost that much weight with no diet but watching the calories, if it would be possible to get a six pack while eating the foods you love but in moderation? I don’t think it’s possible but the hodgetwins are ripped and do eating challenges. They claim that they eat one meal a day but a big one and that’s it (Dunno how much of that is truth). I guess I’ll keep trying what I’m doing and see if I have a six pack in a year from now 😂.

9. Me Me says:

Really helpful he reminds me of Batman

10. Zach Wynne says:

I must say, this video is not only inspiring but also helpful. I appreicate not only explaining how and what to do, but the impact the exercises have on the specific areas of the body

Not only that, but the instructor isn't trying to promote a book or meal plan. He isn't trying to sell a product by hiding all the valuable info at the end in the hopes of enticing you to buy something. All the info you need is presented at the getgo

I actually feel I have an idea of what I'm doing now after watching this. Thank you kind sir~

11. Fit & Fine says:

Sir, your body is one type of brands. 😍

12. RoyalT Magic says:

If you want to lose weight you have to become homeless, homeless people are always skinny

13. Is whipped cream part of the plan?

14. Zoly says:

Pfffft one of the three, more like all all 3 of them plus more

15. braff says:

please, i can reduce chocolat bars sugary drinks but i dont want to avoid them completly i'd like to see results while drinking moderatly sugary drinks and eating moderatly chocolat bars and junk food

16. Tom says:

This is how I lost weight: I started going to the gym a lot. My body was asking for more food, and I obeyed, I ate a bit more. I wasn't losing fat initially, but I could clearly notice my muscles growing rapidly. After 2 months of hard workout (and eating) I started cutting food very slowly while maintaining muscles at the gym (not growing, just sustain). It was very clearly noticeable that my muscles used up a lot of calories and I simply lost weight by barely putting effort. My tip: dont start losing it alltogether with sudden hard workout AND cutting food. One at a time

17. Kono Dutch says:

Phase by phase approach

18. banana swirl says:

I got all 3😭😭😭

19. Wee WeeLy says:

I've posted The Ayervedic Healing Diet. Unclog and regulate your body. (before forcing bacterial sludgy fluid throughout the body and organs!) For all to share. 🙂 @