WHAT I EAT PRE + POST WORKOUT MEALS // high protein and vegan

This video shows you exactly what I eat before and after a workout. I also talk you through some of the exercises I did such as squats, deadlifts, bent-over rows and overhead press! This workout can be done easily from home! I also talk about the kinds of foods you should eat before and after a workout and if protein shakes are necessary or not! Scroll down for the recipes and nutritional info!

LUKE’S CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnh_9tShJez3nckaD8bs6KQ

Please like & subscribe ♡

As I mention in the video, you do not need to consume protein shakes to get your protein. However, it is a very easy way to get some protein in as a vegan, especially if you aren’t about to eat a meal! It is recommended for women to eat a serve of protein within 30 minutes of a strength workout or any heavy workout where your muscles are fatigued, as the protein aids in rebuilding the muscles torn during exercise!

WATCH NEXT:
3 HIGH PROTEIN VEGAN BREAKFAST RECIPES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4pHGNMUGA
WHAT I EAT IN A DAY in quarantine 2020: https://youtu.be/bLtvSdk8xUo
How to MAKE PROTEIN COOKIES: https://youtu.be/AXfBgNWIj9g
WHAT I EAT IN A DAY as a healthy vegan 2020: https://youtu.be/LxLq96K35pg
10 MINUTE AB WORKOUT CHALLENGE: https://youtu.be/6OG1ulonxAA

MY DAILY OATS *approx 50g Carbs, 15g Fat, 13g Protein and 425kcal*
2 Medjool dates (or 1/2 a banana)
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup of water
1/4 tsp vanilla paste
1 tsp hemp seeds (optional)
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
50g frozen raspberries (or berry of choice)
1 heaped tsp 100% nuts peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)

CHOC PROTEIN SHAKE *approx 14g Carbs, 4g Fat, 28g Protein and 200kcal*
1/2 frozen banana
3 tbsp or 1 scoop of protein powder
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 cup water (or plant milk)

BUDDHA BOWL *approx 100g Carbs, 15g Fat, 28g Protein and 650kcal*
– 2 handfuls of spinach (or other dark leafy green)
– 1 serve of quinoa (or other grain i.e. brown rice, buckwheat etc)
– 1 small sweet potato (or another starchy veg, baked in the oven for 40 mins @ 200C/290f)
– Some cherry tomatoes + cucumber (or other fresh vegetables)
– 1 serve of mixed beans (or any other protein source)
– 1 serve of fresh coriander (or any other fresh herbs)
– 1/3 avocado
– homemade hummus (recipe here: https://youtu.be/tWRDc4N15rg)

SOCIALS:
✘ I N S T A G R A M: www.instagram.com/@saskalily
✘ F A C E B O O K: www.facebook.com/saskalily
✘ B L O G: https://medium.com/@saskalily
✘ W E B S I T E: www.saskalily.com

ABOUT ME:
My name is Saska Lily (Lily is my middle name), and I am a 22-year-old Australian girl with a passion for all things health and wellbeing. I love to post videos about plant-based cooking, home workouts and the mind.

MUSIC:
Epidemic Sound: https://www.epidemicsound.com/referral/us5aas/
My Epidemic Sound playlist: https://www.epidemicsound.com/playlist/c1ygcrbhwgcs46tqctcdpx9boh78yl93

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a doctor or a dietician. The information I provide is based on my personal experience, my certificate in plant-based nutrition and my experience studying to be a Personal Trainer. Any recommendations I may make about weight training, nutrition, supplements or lifestyle, or information provided to you in person, on my blogs or on this YouTube channel should be discussed between you and your doctor because exercise and diet changes involve risk. The information you receive in my videos and blogs does not take the place of professional medical advice. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself.

1. Those oats look amazing 😍 I love the way you edit!! Just subbed to you! 💞

2. all you eat looks so good and healthy !!!!

3. Great video. Good to see the fuelling and refuelling strategy as well as some example workouts.

4. Anita Belle says:

I love how motivated you are when it comes to working out and also healthy food, not just after but also before working out. I like making protein shakes too, but I've never tried it with frozen banana. I will do it next time 🙂

5. you are very cute and I love high protein meal ideas! I just subscribed, can't wait to see more videos from you

6. Your a ball of energy and I love it! So inspirational <3

7. Dan Voss says:

Love that you're finding ways to get protein in with your vegan diet. I just subscribed and I look forward to more videos from you!

8. Nadia Mos says:

I loved this video and the editing! The food looked great!!! Just subbed x

9. Saven THAI says:

Nice. I enjoy watching. Big like and New friend 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

10. This all looks so good! Just subbed, let’s be yt friends 🙂

11. This is really a great video to post right now, since I feel like a lot of more people are working out now! A lot of great info!

12. yes you’re so inspiring! i loved this video, so informative and i’m exciting to watch your channel grow!

13. Real Polya says:

the oatmeal looked really amazing 🙂 I want to try making it with frozen raspberries, I typically put blueberries so it would be nice to mix it up a bit. I liked your workout routine as well <3

14. Great video, Saska! Love the way you sliced up your sweet potatoes in your veggie bowl. Sweet potatoes are one of my faves! 🙂

15. Alexa Marsh says:

that chocolate protein shake looks so good!!

16. Nice video girl !! Loved all the meals, especially the oatmeal 🤗 can’t wait to see your channel grow

17. I'm pretty sure you'll go a long way in the Vegan YT community. You're such an authentic and your videos already look so good!

18. That was a great circuit you had for a workout and you gave a lot of wonderful info on carbs and protein, thanks for that. I love having some kind of oats before a workout as well, I always feel so satisfied but not heavy and weighed down. That salad bowl looked delicious as well 🙂

19. Loved the video 😍I also really like vanilla in my porridge lately, so sweet and delicious😋

20. * Claire * says:

I just discovered your channel and I love your vids! They’re super inspirational and informative:)

21. Rui says:

Just found your channel 😍 I do fitness related content too! Love your vibes! Hope we can support each other 💜💜

22. Amanda Coote says:

authentic wholesome sweetheart ❤️

23. Afghan Sher says:

I subscribed, do you use Instagram?

24. LiveLifeLori says:

I've never heard or tried vanilla paste…mmm peanut butter on oats is the bomb…mmm the chocolate protein shake sounds delish, I love banana and chocolate together.

25. Amy Helena says:

Fabulous ideas!! Love the workout too!

26. Nice informative video. Love the workout routine. Great idea to have more carbs before working out and protein after.. Your breakfast looks comforting..

27. That oat recipe is 🔥 I use those same ingredients. I also like blueberries with my oats. 🙌🏾

28. Annie Meyer says:

yes love oats!! & I liked that you walked us through your exercises

29. I normally do not eat pre- workout. Now I want to start. I definitely like and will try your recipes.

30. Nicolas says:

You have awesome content! keep it up!

31. YES GIRL!!! Literally am loving your videos, you're growing so fast!! 🙂